Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I ate pig's foot last night

and meanwhile America was electrifying the world, voting in mobs to elect our new president Barack Obama. Given a choice between the two, I'd have to say I'd rather have been out there with everyone, standing in line, clustering in coffee shops for boisterous speculation and debate, taking advantage of all the free stuff - Ben and Jerry's, Krispy Kreme, Chipotle, tattoos, really? -then sitting at the dining table watching my blunt knife bounce off the gelatinous wad of pig parts on my plate. Out of the two, Obama's win of the presidency certainly left a better taste in my mouth.


Here's to America.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad all is well. STAY AWAY FROM PIG'S FEET!
You'll love Italy!

Anonymous said...

Beurk!!!!
(which is yuck in French...in case you have not learned that yet)
Well you're a trooper for trying it.

My Grand Ma and my Dad would be proud!

But I don't think I've EVER ate pigs feet...other gross stuff, yes, but never pigs feet.

Stay with snails...it's a LOT better ;)

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I meant...I ever ate
:)

Unknown said...

Wow Mimi......I can say I have had trotters(pigs feet) and duck feet too(popular dim sum) Never cared for either of them though.
Have fun in Italy!

Anonymous said...

No blog entry since November 5th....I miss it!!!!

How are you doing? What have you been up to? What are you experiencing?
We want to know it all!!!!!

XOXO
Cathy

Mary Helen said...

Hi Mimi,

Are you home for good now? Or will there be a second semester in France?

Evan and I have enjoyed this blog so much! You are a gifted writer. We loved hearing all your on-the-ground experiences as a student in Europe. What a joy ride!

Happy New Year and best wishes for a healthy, fun, and educational 2009! Keep writing!

Love,
Mary

Mimi said...

hey Mary,

I am definitely home now and loving it! I got a bit busy towards the end of my time in Nantes and found that it was detracting from my progress in French to sit and down and write in English. So I stopped doing it in favor of all French, all the time - which worked out for me pretty well in the end.

BUT, in the fall, i will be going to tokyo, and i will be keeping a very dedicated blog on that.