Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Catch up and Castles

So I've been busy lately -- surprise, surprise! I'm still lagging behind on sharing my Munich stories, but since I'm blogging between classes (and I still have so much to do today!), here's a brief post and some more pictures.

Point of interest #1
I went on an IES field trip this weekend to visit the Châteaux de la Loire. Five castles in less than two days, including Serrant, Azay-le-Rideau, Villandry, Amboise, and Chenonceau, all of them mostly magnificent. Those pictures can be found here.

Point of interest #2
Yesterday, I started my teaching internship at Chavagne Collège-Lycée, a private Catholic junior high and high school with kids from ages 11-18. I'll be teaching 4 classes of English Conversation every week, but rotate between a Week A and a Week B schedule - so that's 8 bunches of students in all. I'm so excited! Although most of the boys I'm teaching are a good foot and a half taller than me, the students aren't too intimidating. I'm almost disappointed that I have to wait a whole week before working with them again.

Point of interest #3
It was actually hot this weekend! Can you believe that?! It felt like home.


I hope to write again shortly,
Mimi

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know you are loving the teaching!

Anonymous said...

Coucou Mimi.
J'espère que tout se passe bien pour toi.Je compte les jours qu'ils restent avant ton arrivée 12 jours et tu seras là à Domont c'est bien ! Bon courage pour tes études .Je te fais de gros bisous.
Dany.

Unknown said...

So glad you got to do that castle thing.... I especially remember Chenonceau.... Well, I think that was it. (the one covering the river??). Over the entry door was a notation about Queen Claudia. I don't think she lasted very long :)